Home Value Request
How much money is my home or real estate property worth?
I have put together a reality (yes, reality not realty) check list for selling in today's market. I pulled this information together from years of working with buyers and what they are looking for in their next purchase.
Tips for Sellers
- Know the sales price of sold homes in your neighborhood during the last 6 months and decide if you are willing to accept those prices.
- Price your home in the top 3 of the best priced homes in your neighborhood. If there are 10 homes for sale – you do not want to be the highest price home unless you have features that will really support the higher price.
- No deferred maintenance! Buyers notice things that need fixed, painted, water stains and start subtracting thousands off the sales price for items that may only actually costs hundreds to correct. Once noticed – then they start looking for other areas of neglect.
- Keep it clean and clutter free. Removed dated furniture and décor if possible. Most buyers DO NOT overlook this. I can offer tips on staging.
- Have lots of pictures on websites with some “wow” features in the pictures. Pictures will not sell your house but it will help get it noticed in a sea of homes on the internet. Buyers remember items such as bright colored pieces of furniture, bedspreads, nice paintings – something of bright color or interest will stick in their minds.
- Request feedback from buyers – these are your customers and if they are consistently pointing to an objection then it may be wise to correct it.
Sellers: Do not compare the price of your home to the unrealistic price bubble of 2003 to 2005. Compare your property to the selling prices of 1998 to 2000 and you will see the appreciation of your property. Real estate is typically long term investment and should be treated as such.